Emotional Health Therapy
When our lives are not going well, we begin to have a variety of symptoms that may begin to surface. These include but are not limited to the following:
- persistent feelings of sadness
- feeling hopeless or helpless
- having low self-esteem
- feeling inadequate
- excessive guilt
- feelings of wanting to die
- loss of interest in usual activities or activities once enjoyed
- difficulty with relationships
- sleep disturbances (i.e., insomnia, hypersomnia)
- changes in appetite or weight
- decreased energy
- difficulty concentrating
- a decrease in the ability to make decisions
- suicidal thoughts or attempts
- frequent physical complaints (i.e., headache, stomach ache, fatigue)
- running away or threats of running away from home
- hypersensitivity to failure or rejection
- irritability, hostility, aggression
If you are having any of these symptoms please reach out to us.
At ReConnections the individual session is about being completely present for the client. It is a time solely designed to allow full expression of feelings, thoughts, fears and hopes.
Family counseling can be very helpful to correct the ways we often relate and react with our families. It is also an excellent forum for open discussion in a safe environment. It can also be an opportunity to learn effective ways to communicate needs and resolve conflict.
The focus of couples counseling is on improving the quality of the relationship for both partners. Couples counseling looks at issues like communication, honesty, shared responsibilities, commitment, and mutual support.