We believe in the non-diet, Health at Every Size, approach to managing weight because it utilizes a mindful-based eating approach that helps support self-esteem and body acceptance.
What is the Non-Diet Approach for Health at Every Size?
There are Six Parts to Health at Every Size
- Good health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being
- Human beings come in a variet of shapes and sizes
- There is NO ideal body size, shape, BMI or body composition
- Self-esteem and body image are strongly linked
- Each person is responsible for taking care of his/her own body
- Appearance stereotyping is wrong
Check out our handout that explains the diet approach vs. the non-diet approach: