Sleep is Everything or I am nothing!!
- Try and go to bed at the same time each night.
- Avoid naps or sleeping in late.
- Make sure room is the right temperature...use blankets or fans as needed.
- Avoid caffeine (including chocolate!) at least 4 hours before bedtime.
- Avoid alcohol (it doesn't help..it actually wakes you up as it wears off around 2 am!)
- Your bed (and bedroom) are for sleep and sex only!! Think sanctuary and zen spa.
- No electronics including TV, computer, phone should be on while going to sleep.
- Keep room as dark as possible (remember, not light of the cell phone screen!)
- Try relaxation stretches or meditation before bed.
- Regular exercise helps improve sleep.
- Watch the spicy, salty, high fat foods especially at night.